Deputy Manager - Maternity Cover
Effectively manage and run a 20 per session nursery setting on a day to day basis in the Manager’s absence, supporting and motivating staff in their work/career development by working directly with them, and to communicate effectively with parents to provide an excellent service to them and their children. The Deputy is responsible for both locking and unlocking the premises each in the Manager’s absence.
You will need to actively promote safeguarding/child protection, British Values and equality and diversity, and ensure that children are kept safe and are making progress.
The Deputy will be responsible for the following in the Manager’s absence: recruitment, staff CPD/performance, shift rotas, staff meetings, capacity, finances (fees, deposits, Synergy, EEF plus 30 hours funding), safeguarding, risk assessments including FRA, health and safety, family viewings, child registrations, self-evaluation forms and subsequent action plans, agency referrals, children’s needs and progress and team morale.
The manager will need to be organised and responsive and pay attention to detail ensuring the setting is compliant with Ofsted and statutory/regulatory requirements and standards at all times, as well as lead Ofsted/Local Authority inspections.
The Deputy will need to be a loyal, honest, committed and integral individual with knowledge and experience in working with young children and running a nursery setting while maintaining a professional relationship with staff and parents. They would need to have a clear DBS certificate.
• Punctual, presentable and ready and willing to work
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Excellent time management skills and initiative
• Able to set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge children and staff
• Have a natural ability to build rapport with staff, parents and children
• Be supportive for staff, maintain team morale and enjoy teamwork
• Hold two or more years’ experience in a childcare environment
• Hold childcare qualifications at minimum Level 3
• Hold strong values and standards to comply with our mission statement, ethos and equality and diversity policy
• Have subject, curriculum and EYFS knowledge and understand the importance of multiagency working
• Work flexibly to meet the needs of the setting.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the nursery.
Use the form below to send this job vacancy to a friend. We will not keep or use either of these email addresses.