Casual Nursery Practitioner - 10795
Here at Tops Day Nurseries we have an outstanding reputation in delivering the best quality childcare across the South-West, operating nurseries and play clubs across Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Devon.
We are currently recruiting for colleagues who hold a Level 2 or Level 3 Early Years qualification to join our bank of casual colleagues that’s operated from Head office in order to support our nurseries and to work in partnership with other local nurseries close to where you may live! Shifts are usually booked in advance and at short notice across multiple sites.
In addition we also have opportunities for those without an Early Years qualification, you will be enthusiastic and committed about working with children and some experience in caring for children, ideally within a nursery setting.
You must be someone that is passionate about child care and development and have relevant experience of working with children aged 0 to 5 years old. You will need to have excellent communication skill and be able to engage effectively with the children and other colleague’s.
A clear and valid DBS (paid for by the company) will be required and candidates who have lived or come from overseas will be expected to produce a certificate of good conduct prior to starting with Tops. Please note we will conduct a suitability check prior to interview.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will involve:
• Assist nursery staff with proving a safe, positive environment for children
• Act as a role model to colleagues and be familiar with all nursery policies and procedures
• Assisting with daily, weekly, monthly checks around the nursery
• Assisting with ensuring unit is clean and tidy, meals are served appropriately, and ensuring the general cleanliness of children and the unit at all times.
• Competent and effective with settling in, profiles, short term, medium term and long term plans, next steps, learning journeys, transfers, support of colleagues, manages behaviour, has children on Action/Action Plus
• Support colleagues in ensuring environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout and display of resources
• Assists colleagues with relationships with local schools, charities, involvement with community and taking children on trips
• Contributes to staff meetings and awards with colleagues
• To be committed to the safe guarding of all children in the nursery and your direct care
The Benefits of working at Tops Day Nurseries
In return Tops offers a variety of in house and external training opportunities for you to build your personal knowledge and experience in order to develop yourself personally and your career within childcare. As well as prorated holiday calculated on the casual shifts and hours you have worked, allowing you to apply for paid annual leave and free uniform to feel part of our family.
Use the form below to send this job vacancy to a friend. We will not keep or use either of these email addresses.