Deputy Manager - MAT Cover - 10992
This is an exciting opportunity to continue your career with a family of day nurseries located across the South who offer a wide range of activities and learning experience to develop young minds, from messy play and cooking to problem-solving, storytelling, creative play and trips out. We pride ourselves on employee care and career development; as such we offer in house training, flexible working hours, a family friendly policy, Pension & Staff welfare scheme!
Here at Tops Day Nurseries we have an outstanding reputation in delivering the best quality childcare across the South-West, operating nurseries and play clubs across Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Devon.
We believe in making an awesome environment for children and grown-ups to learn, develop, play, and have fun and in happy parents who can do what they need to do, whatever that is, whenever it is, while their children are in the best place with awesome stuff! We make a difference to people’s lives.
We believe in “reducing, reusing and recycling” and respect for each other, our resources and our world. Together, we can create a sustainable culture in which our children can thrive.
As a Deputy Manager at one of our nurseries, you will be supporting the Nursery Manager of the setting to lead and manage a team of childcare practitioners who are responsible for providing first class care to children within the local community, but also providing mentorship to colleagues at all levels in the absence of the Nursery Manager.
This role is to cover maternity until July 2018
Here at Tops Day Nurseries, we look for leaders who support us to achieve ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted inspections, who have excellent management and mentorship skills and who are passionate about assisting the running of a fun, stimulating and nurturing environment for both children and staff.
You will be an exceptional mentor who has proven experience in assisting the development and implementation of strategies in current processes.
You will have impeccable interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively to colleagues of all levels of seniority, building superb working relationships to ensure common goals can be achieved.
You will need to have a minimum of a Level 3 NVQ in Childcare (or equivalent) and supervisory training. It is also imperative you hold a Pediatric First Aid Certificate and Health & Safety certificate.
A clear and valid DBS is paramount and overseas applicants will need a clear and valid certificate of good conduct. Please note we will conduct a suitability check prior to interview.
Your Duties & Responsibilities will involve:
• Responsible for overseeing a unit and assisting specialists in the nursery, such as Behaviour management representatives, SENCo, H&S rep, Equal opportunities etc.
• Ensure that suitable opportunities, activities and resources are provided for all the children relevant to their age/stage and development needs to the requirements of external organisations.
• Communicate with parents to ensure that all fees are paid and that parents are satisfied with the provision of care provided. You will also know how to operate a fees system including invoicing, collecting money, banking and reporting on financial targets.
• Ensure that all staff are supported in their training and development and their job satisfaction. Ensure that all staff are mentored /coached appropriately.
• Support the Nursery Manager and to manage the setting in Managers absence
• To be committed to the safe guarding of all children in the nursery and your direct care
(Please note: This is not an exhaustive list of the duties/responsibilities involved)
The Benefits of working at Tops Day Nurseries
Here at Tops, employee care is very close to our heart and we treat our staff as though they are family….because they are! We have many benefits we offer our employees because we want them to feel appreciated and be looked after, these include:
• 28 days annual holiday entitlement (pro rata)
• Annual pay review
• Staff Welfare scheme
• Company pension
• Up to 40% discount for Childcare within Tops Day Nurseries
• Great career progression
• Regular supervisions
• Continuous in-house and external training opportunities
• Uniform Provided
Visit our Tops Day Nursery Recruitment Facebook Page today for all our current Tops vacancies and recruitment news: https://www.facebook.com/TopsRecruiting/
To see how this role could progress your career, please click here.
Use the form below to send this job vacancy to a friend. We will not keep or use either of these email addresses.