Level 3 Nursery Practitioner - Part Time - 11002
About the Role
Your key responsibility will be to work successfully as part of a team with other practitioners and management to provide a high standard of emotional, social and intellectual care for all children at the nursery, whilst ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times.
If you want the opportunity to progress throughout the business, then Tops is the place for you, as we pride ourselves on progressing our staff through our settings; most of our Nursery Managers and Area Managers started as practitioners at our nurseries and worked their way up!
This role is a part time role working 30 hours per week. hours and days will be discussed in an interview.
We look for real team-players who are enthusiastic, hardworking and committed to a career within childcare and enjoy creating a positive and nurturing environment for children.
For this role it is imperative you have a Level 3 Childcare qualification or above, and have post-qualifying experience with children ages 0 to 5 years old.
You will also be able to engage well with other team members and senior management, ensuring you provide support when needed.
A clear and valid DBS is paramount and overseas applicants will need a clear and valid certificate of good conduct. Please note we will conduct a suitability check prior to interview.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will involve:
• Contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children and the Early Years Framework.
• Understand key children’s culture, first language, and current development plans to identify areas for improvement, working with colleagues to provide a stimulating environment for children to meet emotional, intellectual and social goals.
• Maintaining accurate records of children’s development and use information learnt to support future planning, development and learning.
• Work in partnership with parents and other colleagues to ensure that the needs of the child are always met and parents have an involvement in the child’s learning journey.
• Identify gaps in the child’s learning and development and liaise with the nursery SENCO to ensure the children with any additional needs are supported and are able to reach their goal.
• Ensure the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities
• Develop and maintain good relationships with local schools, charities and involvement with the community (e.g. parades, visiting old people)
• To be committed to the safe guarding of all children in the nursery and your direct care
The Benefits of working at Tops Day Nurseries
• 28 days annual holiday entitlement (pro rata)
• Annual pay review
• Staff Welfare scheme
• Company pension
• Up to 40% discount for Childcare within Tops Day Nurseries
• Great career progression
• Regular supervisions
• Continuous in-house and external training opportunities
• Uniform Provided
Use the form below to send this job vacancy to a friend. We will not keep or use either of these email addresses.