Nursery Practitioner - 11093
This is an exciting opportunity to continue your career with a family of day nurseries located across the South who offer a wide range of activities and learning experience to develop young minds, from messy play and cooking to problem-solving, storytelling, creative play and trips out. We pride ourselves on employee care and career development; as such we offer in house training, flexible working hours, a family friendly policy, Pension & Staff welfare scheme!
About the Role
Here at Tops Day Nurseries we have an outstanding reputation in delivering the best quality childcare across the South-West, operating nurseries and play clubs across Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Devon.
We believe in making an awesome environment for children and grown-ups to learn, develop, play, and have fun and in happy parents who can do what they need to do, whatever that is, whenever it is, while their children are in the best place, with awesome stuff! We make a difference to people’s lives.
We believe in “reducing, reusing and recycling” and respect for each other, our resources and our world. Together, we can create a sustainable culture in which our children can thrive.
Your key responsibility will be to work successfully as part of a team with other practitioners and management to provide a high standard of emotional, social and intellectual care for all children at the nursery, whilst ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times.
If you want the opportunity to progress throughout the business, then Tops is the place for you, as we pride ourselves on progressing our staff through our settings; most of our Nursery Managers and Area Managers started as practitioners at our nurseries and worked their way up!
About the nursery
Tops Poole is a fun, bustling nursery situated just outside of the heart of Poole town centre. Employees benefit from being minutes away from the Dolphin Shopping Centre, Poole Lighthouse and the train station being less than a 7 minute walk away!
The 121 place has the luxury of being close to the beaches as well as the glorious countryside, both just waiting to be explored! By having such a central setting it allows us to offer the children a wide variety of activities and experiences. The nursery run a number of extra-curricular activities including Tops Forest School, cooking school, Boogie Mites, yoga, meditation and much more!
By joining the Poole team you will not only be joining the Tops Day Nurseries family, but also the Poole community. Explore the beaches with the children, encourage their independence, get involved in their role play … the opportunities are endless. A child’s time at nursery will have a huge impact on their future, and we want you to be a part of it!
We look for real team-players who are enthusiastic, hardworking and committed to a career within childcare and enjoy creating a positive and nurturing environment for children.
For this role it is imperative you have a Level 3 Childcare NVQ (or equivalent) or above, and have post-qualifying experience with children ages 0 to 5 years old.
You will also be able to engage well with other team members and senior management, ensuring you provide support when needed.
A clear and valid DBS is paramount and overseas applicants will need a clear and valid certificate of good conduct. Please note we will conduct a suitability check prior to interview.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will involve:
• Contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children and the Early Years Framework.
• Understand key children’s culture, first language and current development plans to identify areas for improvement, working with colleagues to provide a stimulating environment for children to meet emotional, intellectual and social goals.
• Maintaining accurate records of children’s development and use information learnt to support future planning, development and learning.
• Work in partnership with parents and other colleagues to ensure that the needs of the child are always met and parents have an involvement in the child’s learning journey.
• Identify gaps in the child’s learning and development and liaise with the nursery SENCO to ensure the children with any additional needs are supported and are able to reach their goal.
• Ensure the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities
• Develop and maintain good relationships with local schools, charities and involvement with the community (e.g. parades, visiting old people)
• To be committed to the safeguarding of all children in the nursery and your direct care
The Benefits of working at Tops Day Nurseries
Here at Tops, employee care is very close to our heart and we treat our staff as though they are family….because they are! We have many benefits we offer our employees because we want them to feel appreciated and be looked after, these include:
• 28 days annual holiday entitlement (pro rata)
• Annual pay review
• Staff Welfare scheme
• Company pension
• Up to 30% discount for Childcare within Tops Day Nurseries
• Great career progression
• Regular supervisions
• Continuous in-house and external training opportunities
• Uniform Provided
Use the form below to send this job vacancy to a friend. We will not keep or use either of these email addresses.