Senior Early Years Practitioner and Send Co BH6
• To be responsible for leading the planning, delivery and monitoring of Family Learning activities and services within the Children’s Centre, satellite venues and local area.
• To contribute to the monitoring, assessment and evaluation of services and activities, ensuring that children’s progress is recorded and tracked following the Quality Assurance guidance set by the Local Authority and EYFS Quality Partners.
• To support and lead with good practice, the delivery of a range of play & learning opportunities within the Children’s Centre in accordance with good practice guidelines.
• In the role of SENCO, to support children who have SEND within the Children’s Centres, and their families.
• To prepare materials and resources and ensure that activities run smoothly.
• To create an environment that is welcoming and accessible to all.
• To ensure that hygiene policies are adhered to and procedures carried out to maintain a clean and safe environment for children and families.
• To celebrate children’s achievement through displaying examples of work, photographs and contributing to local publications.
• When appropriate, to maintain individual children’s records of observation to assist with the evaluation of activities and to inform future planning.
• To record accurately and appropriately, information on children and their families and the services delivered with regard for confidentiality and safe practice.
• To be alert to issues of child protection and safeguarding, adhering to YMCAB and Bournemouth Area Child Protection Committee Policies and Procedures.
• To actively participate and lead on evaluative processes including the Outcomes Framework.
• To be proactively involved in own professional development, attend training courses and regional meetings as appropriate.
• To attend and participate effectively in team meetings, supervision and Performance and Development Review meetings.
• To work in accordance with YMCAB and Borough-wide Children’s Centre standards, policies and procedures in all areas of work undertaken.
• To work with a range of colleagues and agencies linked to the Children’s Centre in providing support to parents/carers, sharing information about services for families with young children; keeping up to date with local services/activities.
• To contribute to multi-agency working including undertaking EHA responsibilities in conjunction with EY Lead and Family Support Team.
• Support parents of children with additional needs; help them access more specialist services as needed; meet with Area SENDO each term to update records for children with SEND attending the Centre; attend TAC meetings as required.
• To undertake any other duties and responsibilities required of the post.
In addition to the job set out in this job description the worker may, from time to time, be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary within his or her capabilities and status to meet the needs of YMCAB.
Use the form below to send this job vacancy to a friend. We will not keep or use either of these email addresses.