Family Support and Outreach Worker - Maternity Cover BH6
• To work closely with young children and their parents and parents-to-be in the Centre reach area as part of the Centre team, providing preventative support services to families to improve outcomes for children.
• To encourage and enable parents/carers and community members to build on their skills through volunteering opportunities, training, adult learning and employment opportunities.
• To manage a caseload, within a multi-agency environment alongside the Children’s Centre statutory/non-statutory agencies. Providing and assisting in the provision of coordinated services for children and families across the local area.
• To contribute to the development of the project and to the achievement of Children’s Centre aims, objectives and targets.
• To utilise the Early Help Assessment (EHA) with children and parents, and act as lead professional, coordinating TAC (Team Around Child) meetings where required.
• To visit parents-to-be/parents (including male carers) in the home and at other venues to introduce the Children’s Centres work and to encourage participation and inclusion in community activities.
• To engage in effective multi-agency Early Help partnership working between the Children’s Centre and statutory/non-statutory agencies to influence the provision of coordinated services for children and families across the local area, in line with the Children’s Centre aims and objectives.
• To manage a caseload, recording information accurately and appropriately in line with the Data Protection requirements, using case recording systems and assessment tools provided.
• To understand child protection and safeguarding issues acting appropriately should areas of concern arise. To adhere to Bournemouth Borough Council and Bournemouth Area Child Protection Committee Policies and Procedures.
• To work with families to improve their parenting skills through home visits, delivery of parenting programmes/workshops.
• To support parents to take an active part in the governance of the Children’s Centre and to assist in identifying volunteering/training opportunities for them to enhance the co-production model.
• To attend and participate effectively in team meetings, outreach events and supervision.
• To undertake any other duties and responsibilities required of the post.
In addition to the job set out in this job description the worker may, from time to time, be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary within his or her capabilities and status to meet the needs of YMCAB.
Use the form below to send this job vacancy to a friend. We will not keep or use either of these email addresses.