Child Contact Centre Coordinator
• To take a lead role in the organisation, administration, operation and development of the Child Contact Centre (CCC), under the direction of the Family Relationship Services Manager.
• To actively participate in the recruitment, training, co-ordination and on-going support and supervision of volunteers and practitioners.
• To ensure a safe environment for children and best practice with regard safeguarding/child protection.
• To liaise with Family Relationship Services Manager in regard to the management and needs of the CCC environment.
• To plan and provide contact for parents and families in line with court orders, referring agencies and services.
• To complete all risk assessments and Health and Safety checks prior to contact.
• To manage the CCC procedures in relation to rotas, referrals, record keeping, statistical returns, training records and DBS disclosures.
• To coordinate staffing allocation of caseloads, ensuring consistency for each family and practitioner, and ensuring case management supervision is regularly undertaken.
• To provide 1-1 supervision and team meetings to ensure information sharing.
• To quality assure practitioner’s recordings of contact sessions to ensure they are concise, relevant and accurate.
• To discuss with other professionals and agencies in line with internal policy and procedural guidance.
• To write reports of child and family contact for court proceedings and if required prepare and present to courts and referral agencies.
• To attend CCC coordinator network meetings and other relevant meetings as required.
• To attend relevant training as agreed with Family Relationship Services Manager
• To ensure the CCC operates in a way as to ensure the implementation of the CCC and NACCC policies in relation to volunteers/practitioners, DBS, Child Protection, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Domestic Violence, Complaints, Confidentiality, Rehabilitation of Offenders and any other relevant policies.
• To organise, prioritise and mange workload under your own initiative with a creative and flexible approach.
• To undertake all other duties/responsibilities (as may be reasonably required) that may arise within the overall job role.
In addition to the job set out in this job description the worker may, from time to time, be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary within his or her capabilities and status to meet the needs of YMCA Bournemouth.
Use the form below to send this job vacancy to a friend. We will not keep or use either of these email addresses.